Politics News
| More

Food Safety Executive Mulls 2014 Ark. Governor Bid



LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Curtis Coleman, the founder of a food safety company and an unsuccessful candidate for the U.S. Senate last year, says he's considering a run for the Republican gubernatorial nomination in Arkansas in 2014.

Coleman says he'll meet Monday with supporters about a potential run but that he likely won't make a final decision until the middle of 2013.

The 63-year-old Coleman is the founder of Safe Foods and ran for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate last year. John Boozman won the nomination in the primary and beat Democratic Sen. Blanche Lincoln.

Democratic Gov. Mike Beebe is serving his second term and is barred by term limits from running again. Coleman is one of several potential candidates eyeing the open seat.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.


If you enjoyed this post, subscribe for updates.

Comments



Add Your Comment

You are solely responsible for the content of your comments. GOVERNING reserves the right to remove comments that are considered profane, vulgar, obscene, factually inaccurate, off-topic, or considered a personal attack.

Comments must be fewer than 2000 characters.
Most Viewed
Comments


Latest from Politics News

  • Wendy Davis Announces Run for Texas Governor
  • State Sen. Wendy Davis, standing on the stage where she got her high school diploma more than 30 years ago, finally announced Thursday what has been anticipated, telegraphed and talked about for weeks: She is running for Texas governor.



© 2011 e.Republic, Inc. All Rights reserved.    |   Privacy Policy   |   Site Map