Welcome to the New Governing.com
Here are 7 things to know about our new website.
Welcome to the new governing.com. We’re relaunching with a site that’s more streamlined, more interactive, easier to use on any device and – most importantly – better positioned to bring you the latest state and local government news and analysis you need.
Here are a few highlights of our new design.
1. Our new homepage allows us to showcase the stories that matter most to you. Whether it’s news, analysis, commentary or breaking headlines from across the country, we'll now be better able to highlight the most important stories of the day. Our new infinite-scroll design makes it even easier for you to read items you may have missed, or explore new stories you find interesting.
2. We’ve reorganized the way we bring content together in our topic home pages. Breaking down the silos of the old site, news, analysis and commentary are now organized topically – from education, health, public safety and politics to finance, management, infrastructure and urban issues – creating multiple distinct views of Governing to mirror how you work and what you need to know.
3. Enhanced engagement: Our new comments platform, Livefyre, allows for a more interactive and robust conversation. And our new site makes it easier to share content with your colleagues on social media, whether on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or our own online community, the Governing Exchange.
4. We’ve completely rebuilt our search function. Our new custom search is powered by Google, which means it will now be easier than ever for you to find content you’re looking for.
5. We redesigned our photo galleries to give you a fuller, richer experience when viewing images.
6. We are building out new tools for you if you’re considering a degree in public administration or a new job in public service, and we’re expanding the conversation about books on topics and ideas that matter to you.
7. Responsive design: We’ve engineered our new site so that it looks good no matter where you’re reading it – whether you’re on your phone, your tablet, your laptop or your desktop.
Please enjoy exploring our new site. We’ll continue refining it to ensure that we keep bringing you the best possible coverage of the state and local public sector.