After five years of active duty in the Navy, including stints in Bahrain and at the Pentagon, Blair Milo saw that her hometown of LaPorte, Ind., was running out of money in six months. She thought, “How can this even happen?” This inspired her to run for mayor at the age of 28. She won and became the youngest mayor in LaPorte’s history.
In 2017, she was appointed secretary of career and talent connection for the state of Indiana. She is currently working to fill over 1 million jobs over the next 10 years and is dedicated to shaping education and workforce training for the next generation.
Hear her story on the latest episode of “In the Arena.”
- Phil Bertolini, Former CIO, Deputy County Executive, Oakland County, Mich.
- Jo Ann Davidson, State Representative of Ohio
- Dow Constantine, Executive of King County, Wash.
- Harry LaRosiliere, Mayor of Plano, Texas
- Rebecca Rhynhart, City Controller of Philadelphia, Penn.
- Michael Crow, President of Arizona State University
- Mayors Melvin Carter of St. Paul, Minn.; Jenn Daniels of Gilbert, Ariz.; Jacob Frey of Minneapolis, Minn., and Francis Suarez of Miami, Fla.
- Chris Castro, Director of Sustainability for Orlando, Fla.
- Kim Foxx, State's Attorney for Cook County, Ill.
- Doug Burgum, Governor of N.D.
- Nan Whaley, Mayor of Dayton, Ohio
- Steve Benjamin, Mayor of Columbia, S.C.
- Kristen Cox, Executive Director of Utah Office of Management and Budget
- Acquanetta Warren, Mayor of Fontana, Calif.
- Greg Fischer, Mayor of Louisville, Ky.
- Themis Klarides, Minority Leader of the Connecticut House
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles, Calif.
Governing is a division of e.Republic.