The Future Is Here, and It's Not Scary
One conversation with Dr. Michael Crow might ease your fears.
Many Americans fear the future, but Arizona State University (ASU) President Michael Crow isn't one of them. In fact, one conversation with him might just make you optimistic.
In his decades of working with students who grew up in the digital age -- the sapiens [dot] net as he calls them -- he has been comforted by their intelligence, their creativity and their commitment to inclusivity.
These are values he works to ingrain in the ASU culture. And it appears to be working. U.S. News & World Report has named Arizona State the country’s most innovative university three years in a row.
On this episode of "In the Arena," listen to Dr. Crow discuss how he helped ASU achieve this title.
- Toi Hutchinson, state senator of Illinois
- Mayors Melvin Carter of St. Paul, Minn.; Jenn Daniels of Gilbert, Ariz.; Jacob Frey of Minneapolis and Francis Suarez of Miami
- Chris Castro, director of sustainability fpr Orlando, Fla.
- Kim Foxx, state's attorney for Cook County, Ill.
- Doug Burgum, governor of North Dakota
- Nan Whaley, mayor of Dayton, Ohio
- Steve Benjamin, mayor of Columbia, S.C.
- Kristen Cox, executive director of Utah Office of Management and Budget
- Acquanetta Warren, mayor of Fontana, Calif.
- Greg Fischer, mayor of Louisville
- Themis Klarides, minority leader of Connecticut House
- Eric Garcetti, mayor of Los Angeles