Missed Our Post-Elections Webinar? Listen to It Here.
We broke down results of state and local races and ballot measures around the country -- and what they mean for the future.
Donald Trump is going to be the new president. Everyone already knows that. But do you know how the downballot races changed the national landscape of state politics or how voters cast their ballot on issues like the death penalty, guns and taxes?
On Thursday afternoon, we covered all that and more.
Politics Writer Alan Greenblatt, PolitiFact Correspondent Louis Jacobson and Senior Web Editor Caroline Cournoyer discussed Tuesday's state and local election results -- and what they mean for the future of politics and policymaking.
For more state and local elections coverage:
- The Most Important and Interesting Ballot Measure Results
- Republicans Make Gains in Governors' Races
- Republicans Add to Their Dominance of State Legislatures
- Republican Sweep Extends to Secretaries of State
- GOP Gains Ground (Narrowly) in State AG Races
- States' Supreme Court Election Results a Mixed Bag
- GOP Picks Up Significant Control in State School Offices
- Lieutenant Governor Races Offer Bright Spot for Democrats
- Liberals Win a Few Victories at the Local Level