Median home price data shows the extent to which housing costs vary across the country.
As of the first quarter of 2013, the following areas registered the highest median home prices:
- San Francisco, Calif.: $675,000
- San Jose, Calif.: $550,000
- Santa Ana, Calif.: $497,000
- New York, N.Y.: $449,000
- Honolulu, Hawaii: $437,000
- Santa Cruz, Calif.: $426,000
- Napa, Calif.: $385,000
- Oxnard, Calif.: $375,000
- San Diego, Calif.: $360,000
- Suffolk-Nassau, N.Y.: $358,000
Home Prices By Metro Area
The following map shows metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas in green with median home prices exceeding $200,000 for the first quarter of this year, representing roughly the top 25 percent of those examined in the study.
Click a map marker to display home and rental costs. Please pan the map or zoom out to view areas not shown.