The statistics surrounding child welfare are alarming. More than 400,000 children are currently in foster care, and there are four million reports of child abuse and neglect each year.
Caseworkers often exhaust themselves completing administrative tasks, resulting in less time to spend with children and families. When working with families, caseworkers are often faced with making child safety decisions using limited information and very little time. Clearly, new methods are needed to ensure better outcomes and enhance caseworker support.
Fortunately, the federal government published the Comprehensive Child Welfare Information Systems (CCWIS) rule in 2016, replacing the 25-year-old Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS) rule.
"CCWIS opens the door for innovation and fit-for-purpose use of technology," says Valerie Armbrust, Child Services Lead at Accenture, "CCWIS is a unique opportunity to look at child welfare and ask ourselves how we might use technology to increase the like the likelihood of keeping more kids safe. To ask ourselves how might we use technology to keep compliance as the mandatory baseline but look for ways to also pivot to using technology for better outcomes for the children and families we serve."
CCWIS gives states the flexibility to design and implement a child welfare information system that meets their unique needs and to rethink and redesign the processes and technology supporting child welfare to accelerate outcomes for children. To help states get there, Accenture worked closely with child welfare industry leaders to develop the Accenture Case Insight Solution (ACIS), a Salesforce-based solution that leverages cloud app adoption technology from Vlocity.
ACIS is an empowered case management system that is CCWIS-enabled and insights-focused. The result is an intuitive, easily configurable system that puts crucial information at the fingertips of front-line staff and is engineered to promote positive outcomes for children and families.
Highlights of the ACIS solution include:
- Extensive Child Welfare Case Management Model - Captures even the most complex scenarios and situations
- Flexible Alignment with Multiple Practice Models - Freedom to update workflows, pages, fields and forms without writing any code
- Dynamic Workflows, Forms and Reports - Easily adapted to specific scenarios, making data entry faster and more efficient
- External-Facing Portals - Allows for always-on access
- Artificial Intelligence - Supplies staff with critical insights to help them make better and faster decisions
- Secure Cloud Hosting - Federally compliant storage solutions
- Electronic Signature and Document Management - Shift toward paperless processes with integrated eSignature and document management features
CCWIS provides child welfare agencies an opportunity to dramatically change how they engage and serve families, reimagine the “art of the possible” and deliver life-changing results. To find out how the ACIS solution can help you get there, visit www.accenture.com/outcomes.
On-Demand Webinar with Child Welfare Thought Leaders
To hear a panel of child welfare thought leaders unpack the new CCWIS rule, discuss what the next generation of child welfare systems should look like and highlight the evolving demands these systems must address, view the Taking a Fresh Look at Child Welfare Systems to Accelerate Child Safety and Enhance Outcomes webinar on-demand.
This content is made possible by our sponsors; it is not written by and does not necessarily reflect the views of e.Republic’s editorial staff.