Tomorrow’s Innovation, Today
SMARTER SOLUTIONS FOR A CONNECTED GOVERNMENT
A citizen sits stranded at a bus stop late at night. Unsure whether she missed the bus or the bus is simply running late, she eventually resorts to calling a friend to pick her up.
Given the data and technology available today, citizens in any city should be able to access up-to-date transit schedules or other government information via smart phone. But that’s not always the case. While many private sector companies have leveraged technology to improve customer service, government information and services often remain difficult to locate and navigate.
Granted, when it comes to improving the customer experience, government agencies often face challenges the private sector does not, including a dearth of funding, longer procurement cycles that makes IT modernization difficult, or policies and regulations that must be adhered to. But that doesn’t have to stop government from connecting with citizens in new ways.
The good news is, state and local government agencies can improve the citizen experience and address their challenges. But one-off solutions won’t work. Instead, agencies must address their business problems holistically, develop solutions that enable integration of platform services to create connected citizen experiences, and automate connections between systems. A cloud-based approach is key to getting there. Cloud can enable an agency to:
- Improve the customer experience in a coordinated way
- Move away from legacy technology and become more innovative
- Integrate technologies like mobility, the Internet of Things (IoT), and artificial intelligence (AI) derived from machine learning to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Create an omnichannel experience that allows citizens to interact with government in the ways—and at the times—most convenient for them
- Add new capabilities as needed in the future
DOWNLOADS AND RESOURCES
Case Study: San Jose Becomes America's Most Innovative City
White Paper: Building Government for the 21st Century