“[I]t’s not a question of ‘big’ government versus ‘small’ government. The question is how do you create new government for a new era?”
The GOVERNING Summit on the Cost of Government 2011 is an invitation-only gathering of public officials to tackle the pressing issues of the demands for service, the realities of revenues, and to explore a path forward.
This leadership summit will bring together senior policy leaders, influential thinkers and practitioners to share insights and formulate strategies about how to successfully meet the challenges facing state and local governments today.
Join GOVERNING September 12-13 2011 at the historic Newseum in Washington, D.C. to explore these issues and more.
For more information contact Marina Leight, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, GOVERNING
Leaders can't tackle the challenges they face without a plan. The speakers and sponsors of the Summit on the Cost of Government contributed advice and strategies to address the problems government faces.
GOVERNING Playbook captures highlights and conversations among leading public officials from the Summit on how to cope with the cost of government in challenging times via a set of plays.
In addition, sponsors of the Summit on Cost of Government recommend these white papers, case studies and solution briefings for future reference.
• Avoiding Labor Compliance Violates and Absence Abuse
Presented by Kronos
• Centralized Collections Management
Presented by CGI
• Delivering Savings and Efficiencies through Self-Funded Government
Provided by NIC
• Economics of Cloud Computing for the U.S. Public Sector
Provided by Microsoft
• Government Debt Collection: NASACT Survey and Recommendations
Provided by CGI
• No Time to Waste: Tools to Help Manage Through Tough Times
Provided by Kronos
• Workforce Performance Revisited
Provided by Kronos