Get a first look at the transition strategies, priorities and agendas for state and local government in 2011.
If you’re in government affairs, selling to state and local governments, leading an association or non-profit, this two-day event is packed with post-election trends and insights!
You’ll interact with public sector leaders and today’s most prominent state and local thought leaders on these critical issues:
- What are the federal administration priorities impacting state and local government?
- What are transition team priorities for newly elected governors?
- How are states coping with budgets?
- What projects and policies will take center stage in the coming year?
NEW for 2011, presenting the Policy and Issue Sessions
- State Budgets: Inside and Out
- The Legacy Landscape – Pensions, Healthcare and Corrections
- How States are Connecting Procurement to Results
- Effective State Engagement Strategies
- The Months Ahead for Health and Human Services
- Technology and Transition 2011: What the CIO’s are Facing
- Smart Growth: Housing, Urban Development and Livable Communities
- State Legislative Leaders – Their Issues and Priorities
- State-Led Health Reform
- Race to the Top and Education Reform
- Energy Programs and Progress
- Fed Watch
- Digital States Performance Institute
- Transportation’s Top Issues
>>> View Full Agenda
Attendees from Previous Years:
- Director & Regulatory Counsel, Association of American Medical Colleges
- Chief, State & Local Government Branch, Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Director, Health Care Issues, Lockheed Martin
- Executive Director, AstraZeneca LP
- Director, Communications & Civic Affairs, Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Commissioner, Alabama Department of Insurance & President, NAIC
- Medicaid Policy Advisor, AmeriHealth Mercy Health Plan
- Director of External Tax Policy, AT&T
- VP, State Government Affairs, Johnson & Johnson
- Manager, Government Affairs, DuPont Company
- Manager, Government Relations, Dell, Inc.
- Executive Director, National League of Cities
- Washington Director & General Counsel, The Council of State Governments
- Business & Labor Relations Manager, Associated Builders & Contractors
- Director, Government Affairs, Public Consulting Group, Inc.
- General Manager, Government Markets, Tandus
- Assistant Director, Policy/Legislation Mobilization, American Federation of Teachers
- Director of Development, NCSL Foundation for State Legislatures
- Vice President, American Water
- Associate Director, Fitch Ratings