AZ Looks to Close Budget Gap
Not only is Arizona turning assets into cash through a sale-lease back approach, but Governor Jan Brewer's budget proposal is full of difficult cuts. The...
- eliminate the KidsCare program, which provides health coverage for nearly 47,000 children;
- reduce services for 17,000 seriously mentally ill adults - approximately half of that population;
- eliminate cash assistance for 10,000 families;
- close the Department of Juvenile Corrections, transitioning the custody of minors to county detention centers and laying off an additional 900 State employees;
- reduce State employee pay by 5%.
Expect to see more dramatic proposals as governor's nationwide begin to face the harsh reality of their budgets.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. You can enter an anonymous Display Name or connect to a social profile.
Why Obamacare Is Failing in Mississippi4 hours ago
Ratings Roundup: 2014 Statewide Elections7 hours ago
New Yorkers to Vote on $2 Billion School Spending Plan7 hours ago
Exit Interview with AGA's Relmond Van Daniker7 hours ago
States Have No Common Rules About Dealing with Official Emails9 hours ago
Latino Voter Turnout Might Matter a Lot for Races in Colorado10 hours ago