AZ Looks to Close Budget Gap
Not only is Arizona turning assets into cash through a sale-lease back approach, but Governor Jan Brewer's budget proposal is full of difficult cuts. The...
- eliminate the KidsCare program, which provides health coverage for nearly 47,000 children;
- reduce services for 17,000 seriously mentally ill adults - approximately half of that population;
- eliminate cash assistance for 10,000 families;
- close the Department of Juvenile Corrections, transitioning the custody of minors to county detention centers and laying off an additional 900 State employees;
- reduce State employee pay by 5%.
Expect to see more dramatic proposals as governor's nationwide begin to face the harsh reality of their budgets.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. You can enter an anonymous Display Name or connect to a social profile.
New York Governor Bans LGBT Conversion Therapy After Long Struggle in Legislature12 hours ago
Is Paying People Not to Commit Crimes Effective?14 hours ago
Struggling to Win Higher Office, Tea Party Turns Attention to Local Races18 hours ago
Hillary Clinton in Flint: 'We Need Action Now'19 hours ago
Christie, Kasich Shine in Critical GOP Debate19 hours ago
Chicago Cop Sues Family of Teen He Killed for 'Extreme Emotional Trauma'19 hours ago