AZ Looks to Close Budget Gap
Not only is Arizona turning assets into cash through a sale-lease back approach, but Governor Jan Brewer's budget proposal is full of difficult cuts. The...
- eliminate the KidsCare program, which provides health coverage for nearly 47,000 children;
- reduce services for 17,000 seriously mentally ill adults - approximately half of that population;
- eliminate cash assistance for 10,000 families;
- close the Department of Juvenile Corrections, transitioning the custody of minors to county detention centers and laying off an additional 900 State employees;
- reduce State employee pay by 5%.
Expect to see more dramatic proposals as governor's nationwide begin to face the harsh reality of their budgets.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. You can enter an anonymous Display Name or connect to a social profile.
Kasich Gives Up, Likely Leaving Trump the GOP Crown4 hours ago
Governors Top List of Trump's Possible Running Mates4 hours ago
Justice Department to North Carolina: Lose the Anti-LGBT Law or Risk Losing Federal Funds4 hours ago
California Becomes 2nd State to Raise Smoking Age to 214 hours ago
Flint Worker Facing Criminal Charges Takes Plea Deal4 hours ago
In Flint, Obama Tells Residents 'I've Got Your Back'4 hours ago