AZ Looks to Close Budget Gap
Not only is Arizona turning assets into cash through a sale-lease back approach, but Governor Jan Brewer's budget proposal is full of difficult cuts. The...
- eliminate the KidsCare program, which provides health coverage for nearly 47,000 children;
- reduce services for 17,000 seriously mentally ill adults - approximately half of that population;
- eliminate cash assistance for 10,000 families;
- close the Department of Juvenile Corrections, transitioning the custody of minors to county detention centers and laying off an additional 900 State employees;
- reduce State employee pay by 5%.
Expect to see more dramatic proposals as governor's nationwide begin to face the harsh reality of their budgets.
We invite you to discuss and comment on this article using social media.
Amid Shutdown Talk, States and Cities Seek Clues to the Future6 hours ago
Arkansas Carries Out First Double Executions in U.S. Since 200011 hours ago
Before Wells Fargo Board Elections, Major Public Pension Funds Retract Their Support11 hours ago
Opioid Treatment Hampered by States' Nursing Laws11 hours ago
Ann Coulter's Backers at Berkeley File Lawsuit for Rescheduling Her Speech11 hours ago
In New Book, Kasich Attributes Trump's Election to America's Spiritual Decline11 hours ago