AZ Looks to Close Budget Gap
Not only is Arizona turning assets into cash through a sale-lease back approach, but Governor Jan Brewer's budget proposal is full of difficult cuts. The...
- eliminate the KidsCare program, which provides health coverage for nearly 47,000 children;
- reduce services for 17,000 seriously mentally ill adults - approximately half of that population;
- eliminate cash assistance for 10,000 families;
- close the Department of Juvenile Corrections, transitioning the custody of minors to county detention centers and laying off an additional 900 State employees;
- reduce State employee pay by 5%.
Expect to see more dramatic proposals as governor's nationwide begin to face the harsh reality of their budgets.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. You can enter an anonymous Display Name or connect to a social profile.
Ohio AG Sues Feds over Obamacare Fee18 minutes ago
Sheldon Silver to Be Replaced28 minutes ago
Judge Refuses to Throw Out Rick Perry's Criminal Charges38 minutes ago
Indiana Governor Clarifies State-Run Media Plan43 minutes ago
Tennessee Seeking Hemp Farmers48 minutes ago
More Conservative Than Most, Indiana's Medicaid Alternative Wins Approval15 hours ago