AZ Looks to Close Budget Gap
Not only is Arizona turning assets into cash through a sale-lease back approach, but Governor Jan Brewer's budget proposal is full of difficult cuts. The...
- eliminate the KidsCare program, which provides health coverage for nearly 47,000 children;
- reduce services for 17,000 seriously mentally ill adults - approximately half of that population;
- eliminate cash assistance for 10,000 families;
- close the Department of Juvenile Corrections, transitioning the custody of minors to county detention centers and laying off an additional 900 State employees;
- reduce State employee pay by 5%.
Expect to see more dramatic proposals as governor's nationwide begin to face the harsh reality of their budgets.
We invite you to discuss and comment on this article using social media.
GOP Health Bill Gets Support From 8 GOP Governors13 hours ago
Failed Equal Rights Amendment to U.S. Constitution Gets New Hope From Nevada14 hours ago
Blaming Racism and Sexism, Hawaii Lawmaker Leaves Republican Party14 hours ago
Utah Governor Signs Nation's Strictest Drunk Driving Law14 hours ago
California Passes Toughest Methane Emission Regulations in U.S.15 hours ago
No Permit? No Problem. You Can Still Carry a Concealed Weapon in North Dakota.15 hours ago