AZ Looks to Close Budget Gap
Not only is Arizona turning assets into cash through a sale-lease back approach, but Governor Jan Brewer's budget proposal is full of difficult cuts. The...
- eliminate the KidsCare program, which provides health coverage for nearly 47,000 children;
- reduce services for 17,000 seriously mentally ill adults - approximately half of that population;
- eliminate cash assistance for 10,000 families;
- close the Department of Juvenile Corrections, transitioning the custody of minors to county detention centers and laying off an additional 900 State employees;
- reduce State employee pay by 5%.
Expect to see more dramatic proposals as governor's nationwide begin to face the harsh reality of their budgets.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. You can enter an anonymous Display Name or connect to a social profile.
Obama Takes On Zoning Laws to Address Housing Shortage15 hours ago
To Keep Drug Prices Down, States May Pay Based on Effectiveness15 hours ago
The Never-Ending Debate About Fluoride in Tap Water16 hours ago
Flint Water Investigator Resigns After Drunken Driving Arrest16 hours ago
New Rules Issued for Municipal Courts in Missouri16 hours ago
Portland Converts 600 Bathrooms to Gender-Neutral16 hours ago