AZ Looks to Close Budget Gap
Not only is Arizona turning assets into cash through a sale-lease back approach, but Governor Jan Brewer's budget proposal is full of difficult cuts. The...
- eliminate the KidsCare program, which provides health coverage for nearly 47,000 children;
- reduce services for 17,000 seriously mentally ill adults - approximately half of that population;
- eliminate cash assistance for 10,000 families;
- close the Department of Juvenile Corrections, transitioning the custody of minors to county detention centers and laying off an additional 900 State employees;
- reduce State employee pay by 5%.
Expect to see more dramatic proposals as governor's nationwide begin to face the harsh reality of their budgets.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. You can enter an anonymous Display Name or connect to a social profile.
Judge Blocks Texas, for Now, From Removing Planned Parenthood as a Provider for the Poor2 days ago
Maryland Legislative Staffer Loses Job After Real News Reveals He Owns Fake News Site2 days ago
RNC Elects Michigan GOP Chair Romney McDaniel as New Leader2 days ago
Detroit Joins Literacy Lawsuit Against State2 days ago
Feds Give Pennsylvania More Time to Comply With REAL ID Law2 days ago
Dirt Roads Help Some Cities, Counties Drive Down Costs2 days ago